Drafting Terms of Reference for the Technical Assistance in enhancing the administrative capacities of telecom and media authorities for efficient regulation of new digital and multiple play services
|| tender, preparation, telecom, media
|| Prepare high quality Terms of Reference (ToR) and Tender Dossier (TD) for the service contract "Enhancing the administrative capacities of telecom and media authorities (The Agency for Electronic Communications The Broadcasting Council) for efficient regulation of new digital and multiple play services", according to the requirements and rules of the European Commission, specifically as stated in the Practical Guide to Contract Procedures for EC External Actions in its latest edition.
|| 10 May 2010 - Aug 2010
| Posted On
|| 2010-04-15, 21:07
| Apply By
|| 2010-04-22, 12:00
Expert on electronic communications and broadcasting (Senior)
- Review and analysis of the existing "new digital and multiple play services" infrastructure in the country as well as the ongoing and future programmes in the area of "new digital and multiple play services", that are relevant to the forthcoming project. This also entails meeting with the Agency for Electronic Communications and the Broadcasting Council staff and relevant stakeholders;
- Determine and propose a list of activities for enhancing the capacity of the Broadcasting Council and the Agency for Electronic Communications in close cooperation with the Beneficiaries;
- Prepare Terms of Reference (including log-frame matrix) and Tender Dossier with all annexes for the service contract “Enhancing the administrative capacities of telecom and media authorities for efficient regulation of new digital and multiple play services”. The Contractor shall develop the Terms of Reference and the Tender Dossier based on the IPA 2009 project fiche: "Enhancing the administrative capacities of telecom and media authorities for efficient regulation of new digital and multiple play services" (Annex 1 of these Terms of Reference) in close consultation with the beneficiaries and the Contracting Authority. Note: The contractor when preparing the ToR and TD should consider only the activities foreseen in the above IPA 2009 project fiche, i.e. additional activities are not to be included.
- Establish the inputs/outputs of each component of the contract together with the Beneficiaries;
- Adjustment and finalisation of the ToR and Tender Dossier in line with comments received from the beneficiaries and the Contracting Authority;
- Prepare an indicative budget breakdown for the future service contract;
- Secure approval of the ToR and Tender Dossier from the Beneficiaries and the Contracting Authority.
General Professional Experience:
• Education at least up to a university degree (where a university degree has been awarded on completion of four years study in a university or equivalent institution) in communications, media, management and related fields.
• Minimum 10 years of general experience in media, telecom (electronic communications) regulatory authorities and in related fields.
Specific Professional experience
• At least 3 years of professional experience in the field of new digital and multiple play services;
• Experience in implementing a project of similar nature in drafting Terms of References and preparing Tender Dossier;
• Knowledge of rules and procedures (PRAG) applying to EC external aid contracts financed from the European Communities;
• Fluency in English, both written and spoken;
If you meet the requirements and would like to apply, please:
- Update your resume as per latest EC Resume Format
- Ensure that your resume reflects all requirements
- In section 14 Professional Experience you have to provide Reference Persons for as many assignments as possible (select reference contacts from the EC or other donor institutions, include phone and e-mail if possible)
- Email your resume to email@example.com with subject quoting opportunity code and position applied for
- Email your expected working day rate. In addition you will get full EC per-diems for every day on location
- Fill out Statement of confidentiality.doc; date; sign; scan & email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax to +35929768311
- If we like your resume, we'll send you the detailed Terms of Reference (we must have the Statement of Confidentiality before we can divulge the ToR)
- If you are selected by the consortium: fill out Statement of Exclusivity and Availability.doc; date; sign; scan & email or fax it to us (please wait until we request it)
Please don't hesitate to contact us by email (email@example.com) or phone (+359888568132) with any questions.