Assisting the tender supply procedure and the delivery of equipment for Biometric Passport
|| government, supply, tender, evaluation, acceptance, biometrics, passports
|| The Consultant shall assist the EC Delegation in observing the tender procedure for the supply of biometrics equipment to Moldova's Ministry of Information Technologies and Communication and shall participate to the provisional/final acceptances of supplied equipment.
- Self-documentation and Q&A – maximum 5 working days
At the first stage, the expert should study in his country of residence the supply tender dossier, the technical specifications and all tender-related documents available on EuropeAid website. The expert, upon written request from the Delegation, shall provide the Delegation with answers on technical questions asked by tenderers during the tender submission period.
- First mission to Moldova – maximum 15 working days
The first mission to Moldova will be performed during the evaluation of the supply tender procedure. The expert shall participate as observer in the evaluation of the offers and assess the compliance of the tender offers received with the tender technical specifications, shall draft and submit to the evaluation committee a technical report on tender offers received and shall sign the evaluation report as observer.
- Technical counter claims – maximum 5 working days
The expert, upon written request from the Delegation, shall provide the Delegation with answers on technical claims put forward by unsuccessful tenderers after the public award of the contract.
- Second mission to Moldova – maximum 10 working days
The second mission to Moldova will be performed at the time of delivery of equipment. The expert shall assist the delivery of equipment to the Beneficiary through
- liaising and clarifying with beneficiary authorities whether the places for storage and instalment of equipment are appropriate;
- checking to ensure that all equipment is properly installed and commissioned;
- attending the provisional acceptance of the supplied equipment, including the signature by the expert of the provisional acceptance certificate. In case motives for non signature of the provisional acceptance certificate arise, the expert shall transmit both to the beneficiary administration and the EU Delegation a written statement containing the technical reasons for the non provisional acceptance of the equipment.
- Third mission to Moldova – maximum 10 working days
The third mission to Moldova will be performed at the time of expiry of the warranty period. The expert shall attend the final acceptance of equipment through
- inspection of the equipment and control of its functioning;
- control the fulfilment by the Supplier of its contractual obligations as regards the redress of defects/damages and provision of after-sale services;
- attendance of the final acceptance of the supplied equipment, including the signature by the expert of the final acceptance certificate. In case motives for non signature of the final acceptance certificate arise, the expert shall transmit both to the beneficiary administration and the EU Delegation a written statement containing the technical reasons for the non final acceptance of the equipment.
|| Sep 2010 - Sep 2011 (5 missions)
| Posted On
|| 2010-08-16, 12:42
| Apply By
|| 2010-08-23, 17:00
Senior Expert in Manufacturing of Biometric Passport/Identity documents
1. assist the EU Delegation in
a) answering technical questions asked by potential tenderers during the tender submission period
b) answering technical claims submitted by unsuccessful tenderers after the award of the supply contract;
2. Act as an observer in the tender evaluation committee and assess the compliance of the tender offers received with the tender technical specifications;
3. Assist the Delegation at the provisional and final acceptance of the supplied equipment (on-site inspection of delivered equipment with contract specifications).
Qualifications and skills
- University degree, preferably in IT Engineering and data processing or equivalent;
- Minimum of 10 years professional experience in IT Engineering and data processing,
- particularly dealing with procurement, delivery, installation, control of functioning of equipment for issuing identity/biometric documents;
- Oral and written English.
- Preference will be given to experts with active knowledge of Romanian/Russian.
Specific professional experience
- Previous experience in the delivery of equipment for biometric passport or identity documents.
If you meet the requirements and would like to apply, please:
- Update your resume as per latest EC Resume Format
- Ensure that your resume reflects all requirements
- In section 14 Professional Experience you have to provide Reference Persons for as many assignments as possible (select reference contacts from the EC or other donor institutions, include phone and e-mail if possible)
- Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject quoting opportunity code and position applied for
- Email your expected working day rate. In addition you will get full EC per-diems for every day on location
- Fill out Statement of confidentiality.doc; date; sign; scan & email to email@example.com, or fax to +35929768311
- If we like your resume, we'll send you the detailed Terms of Reference (we must have the Statement of Confidentiality before we can divulge the ToR)
- If you are selected by the consortium: fill out Statement of Exclusivity and Availability.doc; date; sign; scan & email or fax it to us (please wait until we request it)
Please don't hesitate to contact us by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (+359888568132) with any questions.