Study of the Regulatory Authorities in Telecommunications and Media
|| government, regulation, telecom, media, communications, study
|| Prepare a Study on regulatory authorities of telecommunications and media. The Study shall include following components:
- Sectoral assessment (i.e. electronic communications and broadcasting) reviewing the results achieved so far and of the shortcomings and deficiencies encountered in implementation of the national strategies in the field; and identifying the bottlenecks and the areas where the reform has not yet yielded satisfactory results.
- Needs assessment for both sectors and for both regulatory authorities for the coming mid-term period (4-6 years) in the light of the pre-accession of the country and what should be future EU funding programming priorities in this respect.
- Prepare measurable indicators for the assessment of the current situation of the AEC and BC as independent regulatory authorities that will allow continuous assessment of the situation by the beneficiary institutions.
- Analysis of possible solutions of the identified problematic areas.
- Assessment of capacities and of the regulatory environment related to the new generation networks.
|| Nov 2010 - Feb 2011
| Posted On
|| 2010-09-24, 00:11
| Apply By
|| 2010-09-29, 17:00
Senior expert on electronic communications and broadcasting
- Assessment of the current situation of the Agency for Electronic Communications (AEC) and Broadcasting Council (BC). The assessment will be based on measurable indicators to be determined in the inception phase of implementation.
- Produce and in-depth Study of their performance in regulating their respective markets
- Give recommendations where additional improvement is needed.
- The Study is expected to provide basis to the beneficiary institutions and to the Government to develop updated strategies for further reform in the sector.
Qualifications and skills:
- Education at least up to a university degree (where a university degree has been awarded on completion of three years study in a university or equivalent institution) in electronic communications, media or related fields
- or equivalent relevant professional experience of 4 years above the minimum general professional experience, as required below.
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken.
General Professional Experience:
- At least 10 years of experience in the field of telecommunications, broadcasting, new generation networks, regulatory authorities, and other related field.
Specific Professional experience
- At least 3 years of professional experience in assessment of media and telecom (electronic communications) markets and regulatory authorities;
- Experience in implementing a project of similar nature in the field of audio-visual and telecom sectors in the context of European legal framework (i.e. acquis communautaire).
- Experience in preparation of analyses related to market regulations in conditions of rapid expansion of new technologies.
- Experience with development of concepts of technological neutrality.
If you meet the requirements and would like to apply, please:
- Update your resume as per latest EC Resume Format
- Ensure that your resume reflects all requirements
- In section 14 Professional Experience you have to provide Reference Persons for as many assignments as possible (select reference contacts from the EC or other donor institutions, include phone and e-mail if possible)
- Email your resume to email@example.com with subject quoting opportunity code and position applied for
- Email your expected working day rate. In addition you will get full EC per-diems for every day on location
- Fill out Statement of confidentiality.doc; date; sign; scan & email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax to +35929768311
- If we like your resume, we'll send you the detailed Terms of Reference (we must have the Statement of Confidentiality before we can divulge the ToR)
- If you are selected by the consortium: fill out Statement of exclusivity and availability.doc; date; sign; scan & email or fax it to us (please wait until we request it)
Please don't hesitate to contact us by email (email@example.com) or phone (+359888568132) with any questions.